Summary of Qualifications
- Ten years of experience in the publishing industry.
- Ten years of experience working remotely
- Seven years of experience developing and managing marketing teams.
- Developed and managed two company blogs as well as a team of writers and graphic designers.
- Developed and managed the company’s social media presence and the social media marketing team.
- Developed and managed marketing automation. Served as the content marketing strategist and content editor.
- Extremely analytical with 15 years of experience with SQL.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Basecamp, MailChimp, Hubspot, Slack, Zapier, Groove and Zendesk.
- Strong leadership, communication, analytical and organizational skills.
Breeze Advisor (2017 – present)
Remote customer support representative for a fast-growing church management SaaS startup. Responsible for the “Robot Army” — reviewing data and tickets in order to systematically improve the self-service resolution rate.
Outskirts Press, Inc. — Remote
Executive Vice President (2013 – 2017)
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a fully distributed self-publishing and book marketing company. Responsibilities included creating the necessary systems to streamline our process and increase efficiency, conceptualizing, developing and marketing new products and services for authors and analyzing data to report on company sales, revenues, production and P&L.
Vice President (2011 – 2012)
Hired as the VP of Outskirts Press in 2011 (and promoted to EVP in 2013). Tasked with overseeing and improving the company’s core, author-centric departments: Author Services, Production, and Post-Publication Author Support.
Director of Author Support (2008 – 2011)
Developed and managed the Author Support/Marketing Department, expanding it by developing a series of marketing products to create a new revenue stream for the company.
Independent Contractor (2007 – 2008)
Served as a Customer Service Representative (assisting published authors with general questions via email/phone), PR Coordinator (facilitating the process of obtaining corporate and title-specific press releases from a team of writers and distributing the final press releases online using targeted keywords to maximize SEO potential) and Accounting Assistant (assisting the CFO with processing book sales and royalties).
James Madison University — Harrisonburg, VA
- BA Modern Foreign Languages — Spanish
Cornerstone Church — Buena Vista, CO
Finance Administrator (2016 – present)
Recommendations can be viewed at any time on my LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/in/kellyschuknecht
Additional references are available upon request.