There are currently 1 BILLION active users on TikTok. And if you think TikTok is just for kids and all about dancing, you may be missing out on a huge opportunity for marketing your book on TikTok.
It’s true, 25% of TikTok users are young (10-19 years old); however, 22% are ages 20-29, 22% are 30-39, and 30% are 40+. (source)
And there are two really cool things about TikTok that make it a perfect place for authors to promote their books:
- TikTok users create communities within the platform. Readers on TikTok have created the #BookTok community which is for readers, authors, anyone who loves to talk about books.
- On TikTok, your videos have the potential to reach hundreds, thousands, even hundreds of thousands of people…not just the people who follow you like many of the other social media platforms.
Hi, I’m Kelly Schuknecht.
I’m a strategist with a background in the publishing industry. I help authors navigate the world of social media to discover new ways to promote their books (and sell more copies!).
Because I believe that TikTok is a HUGE opportunity for authors, I created this course: Marketing Your Book on TikTok.
Marketing Your Book on TikTok
If you’d like to learn how to start promoting your book on TikTok today, register now. In this course I’ll walk you through everything you need to know to get started on TikTok, build your community, and start selling more books.
- We’ll cover the basics of setting up your profile, connecting with the right people, and getting started on TikTok.
- You’ll learn how to record your videos, best practices, and 19 ways to promote your book on TikTok.
- We’ll go in-depth with a 28-day TikTok Author Challenge, and you’ll receive tips for becoming a TikTok expert!