Similar to my post last week, if you’ve published a book, then obviously you have valuable experience to share. Consider yourself a resource for aspiring authors because that’s exactly what you are.
Here’s a list of 16 questions you can address in TikTok videos:
- How did you publish your book?
- How did you come up with the title for your book?
- How did you design your book cover?
- What do you think about using a pen name?
- Do you read your book reviews? Why or why not?
- If you answered no above, skip to #7. Have you ever received any negative reviews for your book? If so, how do you deal with them?
- What was your favorite part of the publishing journey?
- What was your least favorite part of the publishing journey?
- Did you publish an audiobook format of your book?
- What does being a successful author look like to you?
- Did publishing your book change your writing process at all? If so, how?
- What was the best money you spent on the publishing process?
- What have you found to be the best way to market your book?
- How much money do authors make?
- What advice would you give someone who is looking to publish their first book?
- What do you wish you knew before becoming a published author?
Also as mentioned last week, here are a few ways you can enhance the experience for the viewer:
- Include background music
- Include the question in text on the screen
- Add a “cover” to the video with the topic displayed so people can easily find it in your feed
Again, the beauty of establishing yourself as a resource for authors is that answering questions in your videos will more than likely lead to viewers asking more questions which you can then reply to by video. The more helpful you are to your audience, the more they will want to learn from your experience. As they ask additional questions and you respond via video, this leads to more and more content you can create for your followers.
For more tips, see this post on 19 ways to promote a book on TikTok.
2 thoughts on “16 Prompts to Help You Share Your Publishing Experience on TikTok”
You are totally the master of good questions to address!