If you’ve published a book, then obviously you’ve spent a lot of time writing. Certainly you have tips to share that other aspiring authors will find helpful.
Here are 25 questions you can address in TikTok videos:
- How long did it take you to write your book?
- How did you find inspiration for your characters?
- Do you have any interesting writing quirks?
- How do you handle writers block?
- How do you develop your plot and characters?
- What time of day do you think is best for writing?
- What is the most difficult part about writing for you?
- How did you do research for your book?
- Is writing your full-time career? Or would you like it to be? Why or why not?
- When you’re writing an emotionally draining scene, how do you get in the mood?
- What do you do before you dive in and start writing?
- What do you use for writing inspiration?
- Do you use any special writing software? If so, what do you use?
- Where is your favorite place to write?
- Does alcohol (or any other substance) help enhance your creative writing ability? Or does it detract from it?
- Who are your favorite authors? And what are some of your favorite books?
- Have you ever gone on a literary pilgrimage?
- Does writing energize or exhaust you? And what do you do with that energy or how do you recharge?
- What was the best money you ever spent as a writer?
- What is your writing mascot or spirit animal?
- How many unpublished books do you have in the works?
- How many hours per day do you write?
- What are the hardest scenes for you to write? And why?
- Do you give yourself word count minimums or mini-deadlines when you write?
- What is one thing you would give up to become a better writer?
When you share these videos, here are a few simple ways you can enhance the experience for the viewer:
- Include background music
- Include the question in text on the screen
- Add a “cover” to the video with the topic displayed so people can easily find it in your feed
When you establish yourself as a writing expert, more than likely your viewers will start asking you more questions. As you respond to those questions by video, you’re generating more content that speaks to your audience. All of this helps subtly promote your book to the people who are attracted to your videos.
For more tips, see this post on 19 ways to promote a book on TikTok.