December was a great month for reading and a great way to wrap up the year! I read:
- FIVE Kindle Unlimited books!,
- Two books from the library (Kindle version),
- One book an author asked me to read and review, and
- One Audible book
Four of the books I read in December were romance books which I do not review, but I will say the Holiday Brothers series by Willa Nash was super cute!
This post contains affiliate links which means, at no cost to you,
I’ll receive a small commission if you purchase using those links.
At the beginning of 2021 I set my Goodreads Reading Challenge as 24 books. That’s typically a good pace for me—2 books per month. However, mid-year when I hit the 24 books super early, I decided to increase my goal to 52 books—1 per week. Not only did I hit that goal as well, but I exceeded it. I finished the year with 63 books completed!
There were a few things that helped me exceed my goal this year:
- I was very consistent all year around my reading habits. I typically read 10 pages of a non-fiction book every day, a chapter or so of a fiction book at night before bed, and I listen to an audiobook whenever I’m driving alone.
- I joined BookTok (the community of readers on TikTok) and started meeting other book lovers and getting motivated by their videos and reading recommendations.
- I purchased a new Kindle toward the end of the year and signed up for Kindle Unlimited.
In the end, 2021 was a great year for reading. I’m looking forward to seeing how 2022 goes.
Here’s a recap of (most of) the books I reviewed in December in case you missed them:
So…what about you? What have you been reading lately?