TikTok is becoming noticed as a new, fun place for book promotion. The New York Times recently published an article that is drawing even more attention to the platform in the book world. Authors are coming up with creative ways to promote their books.
This post contains affiliate links which means, at no cost to you,
I’ll receive a small commission if you purchase using those links.
Here are a few of my favorite authors on TikTok so far:
- Brooke (Kennedy Fox) – a romance author who writes under her own name (Brooke Cumberland) as well as a pen name (Kennedy Fox) she uses when she writes with a co-author
- Gabrielle Stone – author of Eat, Pray, #FML (NOT to be confused with Eat, Pray, Love)
- Jaysen Headley – an author of these 5 books on Amazon
- Jeneva Rose – Bestselling author of The Perfect Marriage
- Rachel Menard – Author of Steel Hand Cold Heart
Book reviewers are also taking advantage of the platform to post book reviews in unique and engaging ways.
I started playing around with “6-word book reviews”. I love doing these because it forces me to come up with a very concise way to summarize my take on the books when I finish reading them.
Here are the six 6-word book reviews I’ve done so far:
What do you think?
I’ve only done them with non-fiction books so far. For the fiction books, I’ve done more comprehensive reviews. You can find those on my TikTok page.
If you’re on TikTok (or “#BookTok” as the book community on TikTok calls it), connect with me! I love discovering authors and other book lovers on the platform.