I run the book club for Remotive, a networking space for remote workers (including folks seeking remote work). The group includes folks from all over the world, and we meet once a month to discuss whatever we’re each reading individually and swap reading recommendations. In addition to our monthly meetings, I post a discussion question in our Slack channel. Here’s the question I asked last week and the answers that followed:
Question: What are you reading now?
Here are 11 of the responses (with a total of 12 books) the members of my reading group are currently reading:
- Soundtracks is a book about overcoming overthinking. It will be released April 6. If you preorder, you get the audio book for free as well.
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Chronology of Water by Lidia Yuknavitch
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Dora: A Headcase by Lidia Yuknavitch
- Go With the Flow by Hunhyun Cho
- A House for Mr. Biswas by V.S. Naipaul
- I’m reading:
- I’m currently reading Women & Power by Mary Beard.
- My mom just mailed me “The Push” by Ashley Audrain – it was a rough start but now that I’m in the story, I’m invested. Some friends highly recommended this book so when it showed up in the mail last week I was very excited. thanks mom!
- Juno Dawson’s “What’s the T?“