BOOK REVIEW: The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib
ABOUT THE BOOK (from Amazon):
WARNING: Do Not Read This Book If You Hate Money
To build a successful business, you need to stop doing random acts of marketing and start following a reliable plan for rapid business growth. Traditionally, creating a marketing plan has been a difficult and time-consuming process, which is why it often doesn’t get done.
In The 1-Page Marketing Plan, serial entrepreneur and rebellious marketer Allan Dib reveals a marketing implementation breakthrough that makes creating a marketing plan simple and fast. It’s literally a single page, divided up into nine squares. With it you’ll be able to map out your own sophisticated marketing plan and go from zero to marketing hero.
Whether you’re just starting out or are an experienced entrepreneur, The 1-Page Marketing Plan is the easiest and fastest way to create a marketing plan that will propel your business growth.
In this groundbreaking new book you’ll discover:
- How to get new customers, clients, or patients and how to make more profit from existing ones.
- Why “big business” style marketing could kill your business and strategies that actually work for small and medium-sized businesses.
- How to close sales without being pushy, needy, or obnoxious while turning the tables and having prospects begging you to take their money.
- A simple step-by-step process for creating your own personalized marketing plan that is literally one page. Simply follow along and fill in each of the nine squares that make up your own 1-Page Marketing Plan.
- How to annihilate competitors and make yourself the only logical choice.
- How to get amazing results on a small budget using the secrets of direct response marketing.
- How to charge high prices for your products and services and have customers actually thank you for it.
I was given two free copies of this book–one for me and one to give away to one of my followers. Before posting the giveaway I read my copy and I can honestly say I highly recommend this book if you’re in the business of marketing. Whether you’re marketing a book, marketing a product or marketing yourself, The 1-Page Marketing Plan is sure to help you get better at it and inspire you with lots of new ideas.
Allan Dib’s writing style is conversational and very easy to read. Marketing can be complicated and overwhelming, but with The 1-Page Marketing Plan, it doesn’t have to be! This book takes broad marketing concepts and distills them down into a very simple structure that helps you focus on the main things you need to think about when it comes to marketing what you’ve got.
A few of my favorite quotes from the book:
- “If you want more success, you need to start paying attention to and expand the things that give you the most leverage.”
- “When you confuse them, you lose them.”
- “If you get 10% better at marketing, this can have an exponential or multiplying effect on your bottom line.”
- “Being all things to all people leads to marketing failure.”