5 Ways to Creatively Promote Your Book on Pinterest
This week we have discussed the basics of your Pinterest profile and the items every author should pin to promote their book. Today we will talk about more creative ways to market your book on Pinterest.
Pinterest is a visual place. We have already discussed pinning the obvious visual elements of your book — cover, author photo, illustrations, promotional videos. Once you have those basics in place, you can begin getting more creative with your pins to generate interest in your book. Your goal is to get people to notice your pins and share/pin them. This may take some creativity, but here are some ideas:
1. Depending on the genre of your book, you may have quotes that inspire people in some way. Take those quotes and create beautiful graphics that can be pinned and repinned.
2. If your book is fiction, you can pin images that are related to the location or time period of your story.
3. Take your book on a Virtual Book Tour and pin the sites where your book “stops” along the tour.
4. Create a Board just for your book reviews and pin new reviews to that Board as you receive them.
5. Pin books within a similar genre in order to begin networking with others (authors/readers) who are interested in the same.
These are just a few of the ways that you can get creative on Pinterest. So what are you waiting for? Happy pinning!