How to Use Social Media to Promote Your Book
Social media is one of the best book marketing tools available to authors. It is the digital era’s version of word of mouth marketing, and it is free, easy to use, and effective. Some of the most popular social sites include Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Regardless of which sites you decide to use, there are a few tips to maximize your marketing efforts. Here is what you need to know about using social media to promote your book.
- Always include a cover photo. Ideally, this photo should be the cover of your book. You could also use a picture of yourself if you plan to promote yourself as an author, but make sure the pictures are professional and appropriate.
- Invite all of your friends and contacts to “like” or “follow” you. The more people see (and share) your postings, the more effective your marketing will be.
- Post regularly. Social media is not effective if you never post once you create the page. Fans expect frequent (but not excessive) postings. If updating regularly is a challenge, you can use programs such as HootSuite to schedule your posts.
- Include a link on your website. For every social media site you use, make sure there is a link on your website so readers can easily find your social media profiles.
- Check your page regularly. Social media is about conversation. You want people to comment on your posts, so you need to make sure you are responding to the conversations.
I’d love to know, what is your best tip for using social media to promote your book?