Every month I post my top five book marketing tips for the month. This is originally posted on the Self Publishing Advisor blog and I always like to share it with my followers here so you don’t miss it. Here are the top five tips for December:
The holidays are here and while you are probably busy with holiday parties, baking, family gatherings, etc., don’t forget about book marketing. Here are a few things you can do this month to promote your book:
- Give copies of your book away as holiday gifts.
- Add a Kindle edition (or other ebook format). Many people will be giving away ebook readers as holiday gifts. Make sure your book is available in at least one e-bookstore for potential readers who will be browsing for books to read after they receive their gift.
- Enter your book in the ForeWord Book of the Year Award contest. Deadline is January 15th, so submit it now before it’s too late.
- Start planning for 2012. As you make your new year resolutions, consider your book marketing efforts and how you will increase or modify them in the new year. Reflecting on what worked well over the last year and what didn’t will help you plan for a bigger and better 2012!
- Enjoy the season! Take a break for a few days to enjoy your family and maybe even begin writing your next book.
DISCUSSION: How are you planning to promote YOUR book this month?