5 Book Marketing Tips for June
On Fridays I post on the Self Publishing Advisor blog. Today’s post may be applicable to those of you who are always looking for new ways to promote your book, so I wanted to share it with you. Here it is:
Summer has begun, but don’t forget to do something every day to promote your book! Here are five ideas for promoting a book in June:
- Flag Day is June14th. From now until July 4th it’s a perfect time to promote books about America, patriotism, US government or similar topics.
- Set up a Twitter account and start networking. Learn about which hashtags to use and watch in this post: 10 Twitter Hashtags for Self-Publishing Book Marketing.
- The Annual Conference of the American Library Association (ALA) is taking place June 23-28 in New Orleans. To learn more about the ALA, visit www.ala.org.
- Father’s Day is June 19th. If your book is about parenting, fatherhood, family or a related topic, now is a good time to promote your book as a Father’s Day gift idea.
- Write a pitch letter to a radio or television producer following these tips: 1) Keep your letter short. 2) Include a “hook” to grab their attention. 3) Use bullet points. 4) Tell the producer what’s in it for them. 5) Be available to respond to his/her interest immediately. Find contact information for your local radio stations here: http://www.radio-locator.com/
DISCUSSION: Since this blog is about using social media to promote books, how are you planning to use social networking to promote your book this month?