Every Friday I write a post on the Self Publishing Advisor blog. Today’s post may be applicable to those of you who are always looking for new ways to promote your book, so I wanted to share it with you. Here it is:
May is almost here, so it’s time to start thinking about the opportunities this new month brings for you to promote your book. Here are five ideas for promoting a book in May:
- Mother’s Day is May 8th. If your book is about parenting, motherhood, family or a related topic, now is a good time to promote your book as a Mother’s Day gift idea.
- If you only have a hard copy format of your book, consider adding an ebook, Kindle, Nook and/or Apple (iBook) edition. Additional formats help increase the exposure for your book.
- The Book Expo America (BEA) is taking place May 26th – 28th. Even if you can’t make it to New York to attend the book fair this year, get involved in online discussions about the events. Keep yourself informed about what’s going on and the major topics being discussed in the industry.
- Memorial Day is May 30th. How can you promote your book for Memorial Day? Don’t…well, not directly. While you’re relaxing with your family and enjoying some time off, read a book. When you’re done, write a review for that book on Amazon. Make sure your Amazon account includes a bio mentioning your book and a link to your website or blog.
- Plan ahead for summer. With school letting out and many people taking advantage of the weather for much needed vacation time, you may be tempted to put your book marketing efforts on hold. Because your book marketing efforts are so important to the success of your book sales, set goals for yourself now to keep yourself on task over the summer months. Plan to do something to promote your book every day, each week or each month.
For more tips and advice on general self-publishing topics, visit www.selfpublishingadvisor.com.
DISCUSSION: Since this blog is about using social media to promote a book, how are you planning to use social networking to promote your book this month?