YouTube makes it easy for users to forward videos they like, and they often do, which easily turns video marketing into viral marketing.
Here are five ways to use videos in your book marketing efforts:
- Create a book video trailer or hire a company to create and distribute one for you. Be sure to share the video with your social network and add it to your blog or website.
- Add video posts to your blog. This is often called vlogging. Record yourself discussing your blog topic of the day live.
- Create video tutorials on subjects you are familiar with, related to the topic of your book when possible.
- Post video reviews from your readers or testimonials from your customers on your blog or website.
- Create a video bio for your blog or website, discuss your book, what makes you an expert and any other services you provide (i.e. speaking, consulting).
Keep it short. Most people are willing to watch a video in its entirety if it is under 2 minutes. Be sure to include information about your book at the end, such as where it can be ordered and your website address.